I forgot to add a link to the hospital where Baby Whetham will be born in September. I have to say, I have been impressed with the health care I've received since moving to Salt Lake City more than two years ago. You can take a virtual tour of the St. Mark's Hospital women's pavillion at www.stmarkshospital.com.
When I needed to find a family physician, I went through our provider book and picked out Dr. Jessica Morgan, noticing that she is a graduate of the University of Minnesota Medical School. (She has to be a good doctor if she is a Gopher, I though). And I was right! I've liked her more than any family physician I have ever seen and her specialty is in women's and children's health, so luckily when Baby Whetham is born, I will be able to continue seeing her for my and the baby's needs.
Dr. Morgan's office referred me to the Millcreek Women's Center, which is the OB clinic located in the same hospital where the baby will be born. There, I am seeing Dr. Jennifer Kinghorn.
I've been impressed because Dr. Kinghorn has personally called me to ask how things are going and how I'm feeling (I had to go on some anti-nausea medication, lost some weight, etc. and she wanted to make sure things were taking a turn for the better). I was so surprised that a doctor called me personally I had to call my dad, a family physician, to see if he was surprised to hear that (turns out he wasn't -- he calls some of his patients, too. Guess I've never been sick enough to had a doctor call me before!) I guess I didn't know what expect since this is my first pregnancy, but so far I've had a good experience. Dr. Kinghorn's bio is at http://www.millcreekwomenscenter.net.
Monday, February 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment